Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What did you do today? anything mini?


Just a short post, as it's been a long day, feels like a long week already! ;)
I designed a new mattress today and I really like this much better than the way I have been doing mattresses in the past. I hope you can see in the picture, white on white was not a good idea (giggles).
This turned out so sleek and smooth and really looks like a real mattress, I think. What do you think?

It was made for minibydesign for a custom order. I haven't even gotten to see the bed yet, but, when I get a picture, I'll post it.

Making that mattress today, gives me the confidence to start attempting furniture, which is what I have always wanted to do. I have fabric in my stash that has been waiting to become chairs, couches and loveseats. :)



I've also been working on fine napkin folding for a custom order.
I might have to blog more about this. A challenge, but, as you can see, I've got it pinned. lol ;)

I'm not going to say a word about this chair. Some of you readers may know about it, please don't spill the beans quite yet. ;)

Next time, a more interesting post, I hope.  ;)

6 comments:

  1. I didn't do any minis yesterday, but I did look at a lot of them here! :)
    I love this little napkin! Hope you will show how you did it?
    Where do you find your mini print fabrics? I'm still looking for some tiny tropical prints. Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kathi! I did a lot of looking at minis last night, too. ;)

    The napkin was done just like you would with a RL napkin. Maybe I'll do a tutorial on it in the future.

    Because I'm outside of Philly, I have a lot of fabric sources around me. Tropical prints by nature are usually large. :( Try searching J&O Fabrics online. I hope that helps. :)

    dale

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look and do minis a lot everyday :D
    Love that napkin *looks very interested*

    And the mattress looks great!

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dale! I think you'll have to tell me how to make one as AliƩnore still hasn't got a proper mattress on her bed.

    Hope everything is sweet in your mini world.
    Xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. :)